Welcome!


 This blog will be all about my love of running. I'm a marathon runner and have been for over 12 years. I recently ran my 2nd Boston Marathon, and I'm currently in my off season. 

The Boston Marathon was a huge goal for me. I chased my unicorn for quite a few years, and received my first Boston acceptance for the 2020 race. That race didn't happen in-person, so I had to apply again. Even though my qualifying time was 7 minutes and 45 seconds below my standard, I did not make the cut due to a highly limited field. As luck would have it, 9 weeks before race day I was given the opportunity to go to Boston with an invitational entry. I jumped at that opportunity, raced the 2021 Boston Marathon in October, and qualified for 2022. I made the 2022 cut and raced again on Patriot's Day. It was an incredible experience. 

During the time that I was chasing my Boston dream, it was all consuming in terms of my running. I thought of Boston while I trained. Everything that I did during training was about getting to Boston. I have no regrets, but I know I was probably too intense and hyper-focused. I lost the joy of running a few times along the way.

As I look ahead to what the future holds, I plan to set some big goals, but I also plan to keep the joy in whatever I do. I run because I love to run, and I don't want to forget that.

Comments